What IS the odor of benzene?
s***@gmail.com
2019-07-12 18:34:39 UTC
[In (relatively) low concentrations] it smells very sweet (and quite nice). The oder is reminiscent of almonds/frangipane.
Frank
2019-07-12 20:04:04 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
[In (relatively) low concentrations] it smells very sweet (and quite nice). The oder is reminiscent of almonds/frangipane.
Google gave me this, sounds better to me:

Benzene has a sweet, aromatic, gasoline-like odor. Most individuals can
begin to smell benzene in air at 1.5 to 4.7 ppm. The odor threshold
generally provides adequate warning for acutely hazardous exposure
concentrations but is inadequate for more chronic exposures.