How much chlorine should there be, 1 ppm in 100,000 liter?
Jerry Salinsky
2020-07-13 13:31:09 UTC
Let's say I have a swimming pool with a capacity of 100,000 liters. How
much chlorine (grams) should be there to achieve a concentration of 1 ppm?
Frank
2020-07-13 14:41:09 UTC
swimming pool with a capacity of 100,000 liters. How much chlorine
(grams) should be there to achieve a concentration of 1 ppm?
Here is what I got googling your question:

http://www.idph.state.il.us/envhealth/factsheets/Hyperchlorination.htm
Jerry Salinsky
2020-07-14 01:12:00 UTC
Post by Frank
swimming pool with a capacity of 100,000 liters. How much chlorine
(grams) should be there to achieve a concentration of 1 ppm?
http://www.idph.state.il.us/envhealth/factsheets/Hyperchlorination.htm
Thanks for your time. According to the article, it takes 1.3 oz of
chlorine gas for 10,000 gallon of water to achieve 1 ppm. In my case,
that'd be 97.5 grams of chlorine.
Frank
2020-07-14 13:08:05 UTC
Post by Jerry Salinsky
Post by Frank
swimming pool with a capacity of 100,000 liters. How much chlorine
(grams) should be there to achieve a concentration of 1 ppm?
http://www.idph.state.il.us/envhealth/factsheets/Hyperchlorination.htm
Thanks for your time. According to the article, it takes 1.3 oz of
chlorine gas for 10,000 gallon of water to achieve 1 ppm. In my case,
that'd be 97.5 grams of chlorine.
Yes, you have to consider the chlorine source as sodium or calcium
hypochlorite which I assume you have done.
Jerry Salinsky
2020-07-15 06:33:52 UTC
Post by Frank
Post by Jerry Salinsky
Post by Frank
swimming pool with a capacity of 100,000 liters. How much chlorine
(grams) should be there to achieve a concentration of 1 ppm?
http://www.idph.state.il.us/envhealth/factsheets/Hyperchlorination.htm
Thanks for your time. According to the article, it takes 1.3 oz of
chlorine gas for 10,000 gallon of water to achieve 1 ppm. In my case,
that'd be 97.5 grams of chlorine.
Yes, you have to consider the chlorine source as sodium or calcium
hypochlorite which I assume you have done.
I have a chlorinator which generates chlorine from sodium chloride. So,
chlorine gas is what I need for the calculation.