What is that blue copper salt?
Oumati Asami
2019-09-15 08:01:43 UTC
Many copper salts are blue. So, they can't be told by color.

I have a piece of copper in the filter of a swimming pool. After a
while, the surface turned blue. It can't be copper chloride because
copper chloride is very soluble in water. What could it be?
Libor Striz
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
Many copper salts are blue. So, they can't be told by color.I have a piece of copper in the filter of a swimming pool. After a while, the surface turned blue. It can't be copper chloride because copper chloride is very soluble in water. What could it be?
It could be a basic copper carbonate.
2 minerals are based on it, malachite and azurite.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malachite
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azurite
--
Poutnik ( the Wanderer )