Preparation of a 2% iodine solution
Lei Wah Chong
2019-04-20 21:24:05 UTC
hi
can someone advise me how to prepare a 2% iodine solution ? i need this to test fats.

Thank you
Frank
2019-04-20 23:39:49 UTC
Post by Lei Wah Chong
2% iodine solution
Dr. Google tells me this for 5%:

Dissolve 10 g potassium iodide in 100 ml of distilled water. B. Slowly
add 5 g iodine crystals, while shaking. C. Filter and store in a tightly
stoppered brown bottle. Take care: The reaction is exothermic (emits heat).
Libor Striz
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
On 4/20/2019 5:24 PM, Lei Wah Chong wrote:> 2% iodine solutionDr. Google tells me this for 5%: Dissolve 10 g potassium iodide in 100 ml of distilled water. B. Slowly add 5 g iodine crystals, while shaking. C. Filter and store in a tightly stoppered brown bottle. Take care: The reaction is exothermic (emits heat).
Another option is to dissolve iodine in ethanol.
It is not clear, what solvent is expected for the testing.
--
Poutnik ( the Wanderer )

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/