deliquescent liquid?
Oumati Asami
2019-12-04 02:19:28 UTC
All the deliquescent material I know of are solids. Any deliquescent liquid?
Libor Striz
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
Post by Oumati Asami
All the deliquescent material I know of are solids. Any deliquescent liquid?
A liquid cannot become liquid by absorbing moisture,
( definition of deliquescence )
as it already IS liquid.

If only absorbing moisture alone matters,
the notorious example is sulphuric acid.
Poutnik ( the Wanderer )
Oumati Asami
Then, by such a definition, anhydrous ethanol is not deliquescent either.
Libor Striz
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
Post by Libor Striz
Then, by such a definition, anhydrous ethanol is not deliquescent either.
It is hygroscopic.
Poutnik ( the Wanderer )
dlzc
2019-12-04 13:51:41 UTC
Post by Oumati Asami
All the deliquescent material I know of are solids.
Any deliquescent liquid?
Maybe the word you are looking for is not deliquescent? Dessicates are used to absorb water vapor.

Not sure your anhydrous ethanol dessicate (yes as a noun) would be a non-flammable / safe choice.

https://www.thesaurus.com/browse/dehydrate

David A. Smith