Natural abundance of heavy water
Add Reply
r***@gmail.com
2017-05-28 14:36:18 UTC
Can anyone confirm that heavy water (D2O) occurs in sea water
in the expected (by me, anyway) natural abundance of one
molecule of D2O per about 36 million water molecules?
Please, respond only if you cite EXPERIMENTAL evidence (IR?
Mass spec?).
Thank you in advance,
gerry
PS - The final objective being an estimation of the amount of
D2O present on earth from natural sources as opposed to
synthetic sources, so an estimation of the amount of water on
earth would be helful as well. Where does commercial D2O come from,
anyway?
ok
r***@gmail.com
yeh