Does methionine smell?
n***@gmail.com
2017-08-02 01:57:13 UTC
For the record, fresh powdered methionine that is used in pharmaceutical labs smells like fried food -quite strongly too. The next person in the lab can always tell what's been going on because the place temporarily smells like McDonalds :P
Dean
2017-08-02 16:59:56 UTC
I'm not sure but you may have just set a record by replying to a 24 year old posting. LOL
e***@gmail.com
2018-05-07 19:56:58 UTC
My doc prescribed me L-methionine pills (Acimethin in Germany) and
they have a quite strong H2S-like smell, even through the sugar coating.
As I understand it, methionine is a sulphur-containing amino acid.
Is it normal that this stuff smells or could it be that it does
when it gets older?
Thanks,
ralf
--
GCS/M/S d* -p+ c++ l++ m* s--/+ g++ w++ t+ r+ !x
In my experience Fmoc- protected Methionine solution in DMF smells remarkably like McDonald's french fries
k***@gmail.com
2019-04-19 06:46:06 UTC
My doc prescribed me L-methionine pills (Acimethin in Germany) and
they have a quite strong H2S-like smell, even through the sugar coating.
As I understand it, methionine is a sulphur-containing amino acid.
Is it normal that this stuff smells or could it be that it does
when it gets older?
Thanks,
ralf
--
GCS/M/S d* -p+ c++ l++ m* s--/+ g++ w++ t+ r+ !x
does it smells like compound of garlic & small onion kind of mild spicy..?im smelling it so..