Smelly harmless chemicals
conzokwan25
2019-06-21 20:17:22 UTC
I'm looking for some harmless & smelly chemicals. Does anybody have some ideas?
o***@gmail.com
2019-06-21 20:45:00 UTC
perfume, jasmine flowers, horse blanket extract
conzokwan25
2019-06-21 21:00:40 UTC
Sorry that I wasn't very clear. I'm looking for a harmless liquid chemical that smells bad.
Frank
2019-06-21 22:33:04 UTC
Post by conzokwan25
Post by o***@gmail.com
Post by conzokwan25
I'm looking for some harmless & smelly chemicals. Does anybody have some ideas?
perfume, jasmine flowers, horse blanket extract
Sorry that I wasn't very clear. I'm looking for a harmless liquid chemical that smells bad.
I googled this up:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Foul-smelling_chemicals

Think you will find none are completely harmless but small quantities
should not be a problem unless you eat it or smear it on you.

When deer hunting I used to use skunk scent bought at a sporting goods
store to mask my odor.
conzokwan25
If it was squirted on something and somebody put their hand on what you squirted the chemical on, would it hurt them?
Frank
2019-06-22 00:02:09 UTC
Post by conzokwan25
Post by Frank
Post by conzokwan25
Post by o***@gmail.com
Post by conzokwan25
I'm looking for some harmless & smelly chemicals. Does anybody have some ideas?
perfume, jasmine flowers, horse blanket extract
Sorry that I wasn't very clear. I'm looking for a harmless liquid chemical that smells bad.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Foul-smelling_chemicals
Think you will find none are completely harmless but small quantities
should not be a problem unless you eat it or smear it on you.
When deer hunting I used to use skunk scent bought at a sporting goods
store to mask my odor.
If it was squirted on something and somebody put their hand on what you squirted the chemical on, would it hurt them?
Probably not with a small quantity unless they were to rub their eyes or
something.

I noticed that there are commercial sources of some of these materials
that anyone can buy.
conzokwan25
Thanks!
o***@gmail.com
2019-06-24 19:37:51 UTC
Post by conzokwan25
Post by o***@gmail.com
Post by conzokwan25
I'm looking for some harmless & smelly chemicals. Does anybody have some ideas?
perfume, jasmine flowers, horse blanket extract
Sorry that I wasn't very clear. I'm looking for a harmless liquid chemical that smells bad.
What is the solvent in perfume that makes it smell so bad?
Methyl alcohol, benzene?
Nail polish smells bad, what is that solvent stink
released by aircraft passengers? Toluene?
Martin Brown
2019-06-24 07:45:41 UTC
Post by conzokwan25
I'm looking for some harmless & smelly chemicals. Does anybody have some ideas?
The dose makes the poison. Methyl mercaptan is pretty good as a smell
that at ultra trace levels is completely impossible to live with. I
think it is considered toxic though - accidental spills empty buildings.

Amyl acetate is the one preferred for testing the fit of gas masks.

Define your problem more carefully and an answer might be possible.
--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Oumati Asami
2019-06-26 01:18:59 UTC
Post by conzokwan25
I'm looking for some harmless & smelly chemicals. Does anybody have some ideas?
t-Butyl thiol is added to gas for gas leak alert. Its odor threshold is
less than 1 ppb, a very powerful odorant. You probably won't be able to
handle it without getting yourself smelly.