Activation Energy of HCl + Mg
Wen Jiunn Loh
2020-10-18 14:59:31 UTC
Does anyone know where I could find the literature value for the activation energy of this reaction? I've gone through a couple of sources and still haven't been able to find the value. Thanks :)
Krzysztof Mitko
2020-10-18 17:17:05 UTC
Post by Wen Jiunn Loh
Does anyone know where I could find the literature value for the activation
energy of this reaction? I've gone through a couple of sources and still
haven't been able to find the value. Thanks :)
Any bibliographic database? I've put TITLE-ABS-KEY ("hydrochloric" AND
"magnesium" AND "activation energy") into Scopus and I got this:

J.P. Birk, D.L. Walters, Pressure measurements to determine the rate law of
the magnesium-hydrochloric acid reaction, J Chem Educ 70 (1993) 587-589
<https://doi.org/10.1021/ed070p587>

They give the result of example activation energy experiment as 33.8 kJ/mol.
--
Je suis Marxiste, tendance Groucho.